Update: Woman found on I-440 jumped out of passenger seat | News
JACKSONVILLE, Ark. (KTHV) - A 28-year-old man from Jacksonville was arrested in the death of a woman found along Interstate 440 Monday morning.
Public information officer Bill Sadler with Arkansas State Police said Haywood Stricklen III of Jacksonville is charged in connection with the death of Brandie D. Thomas, 27, formerly of Tahlequah, Oklahoma. She had most recently been living in several locations in Arkansas.
Agents think Thomas was a passenger in a vehicle being driven by Stricklen prior to her body being discovered. Thursday, a report provided by the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office details that Thomas jumped out of Haywood's vehicle.
The report notes that no bond has been issued for Stricklen due to parole hold revocation.
Upcoming Events near Jacksonville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park